Sunday, August 21, 2005

Squatland

In addition to the excitement of picking up Luther, this weekend included "Napolean Dynamite" night at the Wynne's. Jen, Bob and I had been planning this evening for months. We had amazing food; it also turned into Middle Eastern/Meditterrean Night with Hummus, Falafel, Cous Cous Salad, Spanokopita and Baklava. And then, there were the amazing drinks. Bob tells a funny joke, "Martini's are like boobs. One isn't enough and three is too many." After *** martini's (edited for parental consumption) I fell to the ground in a fit of laughter as I recounted my recent travels to Squatland and the wee lambies, lassies and laddies that were abound. And I'm really NOT much of a drinker anymore! I swear!

On a knitting note, I picked up the Silk Garden sweater again. I have finished the back and am working on both sleeves at once. It has three quarter length sleeves and I've already done about 4 of the 10 inches requires before shaping the sleeve cap. My new camera needs to have battaries charged so I'll post some photos tomorrow of the work in progress. I'd really forgotten what an easy pattern it is and how great the yarn feels. I'm STILL casting off the "potato chip" scarf; which I FINALLY figured out WHY it is called the potato scarf-because its all ruffles (how clever!) By the time I finished knitting it, it was like 1500+ stitches. Add to it, the Denise needles which keep coming apart and I'm WICKED frustrated with it. So I've decided to do a bit a time so as not to drive myself bonkers with multiple repeated cast offs.

The beagle wrestling has commenced again and I think I need to referree.

No comments: