Sunday, May 15, 2005

PHILS WIN! PHILS WIN! PHILS WIN!

Yes, its true, the Phillies actually won a ballgame today. Don't get me wrong, they tried hard to lose it in the top of the ninth with a 4-1 lead. They had their ace, Billy Wagner, on the mound. For god's sake the guy had a 0.59 era going into the game. Sure, he gives up a hit and a walk and a stolen base and the Reds get close, scoring two runs. But Billy the kid came through and the Phils won 4-3.

See pics of me and Jen, phanatic and field. Jen and I called it the menopause game because at one moment, we were cold (sky overcast and wind blowing) and then literally four minutes later it was sunny and we were roasting. I have spied the greatest thing at the ball park though which I must purchase at my next game; it's a Phanatic Foam Hat. It's a riot and I can't wait to get it. (Notice held restraint today as said Foam Hat is $32 and I am traveling Friday).

Its also bloody humid today. First taste of stickiness for the summer. Socks have proven to be good to knit as really do not add to overall body discomfort in the heat.

Nothing else in any way shape or form exciting today. Tomorrow is my birthday dinner at Lakeside with the posse.

PS Having photo problems...only seems to want to work from HUP so will upload in am

Knitty D

No comments: