Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Knitting Hiatus

I'm officially on hiatus. The dog bite exploded into a huge infectious monstrosity (ie cellulitis) on Tuesday. I'm now on TWO antibiotics and the hugh splint is even larger and must be worn at all time except when soaking said hand in warm water....and typing blog update. So I think there is no way the both the scarf and the sock will be done before next Friday's departure. Sniff Sniff. I took stock this morning and (re)discovered a few candidates for my runs through the English/Scottish/Irish countrysides. But Lord, what am I going to do ALL NIGHT LONG with no yarn to lovingly finger and mold into something fabulous?

Cujo (ie Molly) is officially forgiven. We actually had a moment last night where all three were eating their respective greenies and no fight insued. I'm glad to know I won't necessarily need to detox Molly off of the beagle crack cocaine she so adores.

Congrats to my dear Rachel and her new addition, Abigail. I hope she adores her blanket knit with much love by her aunties. I hope to get a pic to post of the baby with the blanket soon.

Speaking of photos, I've posted another of my dear Jenni and Jules, modeling the oh so cute striped hat.

I'm off to solve the social problems of the world...

Knitty D

No comments: