Friday, May 26, 2006

Reunited and it feels so good...


I've arrived on Cape...I made brilliant time, 6 hours and 20 minutes. I left at an ungodly hour (5am), but the traffic was surprisingly light for a Friday of a holiday weekend.

This is Luther and I sitting out back, smelling the liacs. Notice I am draped in the sampler shawl, which the ladies at Adventures in Knitting were oooing and aaaahing over. I bought a really cute shawl pin, which seems to be helping me manage the size of the shawl. I also conned the ladies at the yarn shop out of two skeins of Alchemy Synchroncity for $20---not per skein, $20 TOTAL. Apparently, they have had some trouble selling Alchemy up here; guess they don't have the same taste we Philly knitters do. I'm working on the Alchemy Bamboo scarf. I've decided to use a vertical lace trellis pattern that seems to yield itself well to the varigations in the yarn (photos to follow).

On a downer note, I found out I am NOT going to Botswana this year---it is not off the burner completely-but the grant was given the kybash by Penn adminstrators before it ever got off the ground. So, I'll keep dreaming about my "Out of Africa" moments; and I guess it is good news for Knitty D and the City. I've got to get my knit on...

1 comment:

Lisa said...

How sweet the pic of you and Luther! The sampler shawl looks lovely.