Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Good intentions

I had EVERY intention of blogging and posting photos from last Friday's Phils game and Maryland Sheep and Wool. I even put my camera in my bag. When I got to work, I opened it to get the memory card out and, the slot was empty! So no photos today, just descriptive witty banter.

I can't believe it is already the 7th of May. Holy Christina Day is fast approaching! Only 13 shopping days left!! haha!

Sheep and Wool was LOADS of fun. I think Mom really enjoyed herself. Maryland certainly has a different feeling than Rhinebeck...more like a fair. I LOVE that we set up "camp bach" in the same place every year and that folks just stop by, knit, eat and visit.

I scored some interesting yarn. I was reserved too! I only spent CASH! No charging anything! I'm very proud and will be even happier when the credit card bill comes next month!

Swag included
Mill ends of silk in a cranberry/wine color---may become Swallowtail. I have about 540 yards. Would be gorgeous for warmer weather.

Alpaca with a twist Lace weight...YUMMMMMMM

Jojoland Melody and Swirl Shawl Pattern (straight from my Ravelry Queue)

Several patterns

Silly buttons I can't find

Festival tote bag

Festival hat

Brownies

It's boring without the photos...will post later.

Congrats to Trish for liberating herself from HUP! Welcome to the world after HUP---life really is sweeter on this side!

Dogs are good...Finney came to work with me yesterday. I took him over to the hospital and weighed him...he's slowing down, but now has reached Moose status at 51.8 lbs!!!!! He enjoys walking to and from work and flirting shamelessly with every PERSON he encounters. He still has a bit of strange dog phobia...

We go to Cape Cod in a few weeks for vacation...Finney will meet the fountain...I told daddio I was having fears of him falling in. I also want to take him to the beach and see what he does...

Almost done knitting pi shawl for Nan, former HUP secretary who is retiring next week. Pattern is great and quick to knit, but I'm getting bored and am also anxious to finish Lotus Blossom so I can start Seraphim and Swirl Shawl while on vacation.

I see lots of blocking in my future!

Mom is now on Ravelry! Send her a note or add her to your friends---her username is barbbach and her avatar is priceless!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Your mom is so cute! It was great meeting her on Saturday. I have promised myself that next year, I spend less time in lines and more time hanging out with my friends...Camp Bach, here I come!