1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without?
I love my knit picks chart keeper. It is a powerful, portable chart keeper with magnets to mark your place in any lace pattern.
2. If you're heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you? If so, how much and what type of project?
Planning the yarn I'm taking on vacation is often more difficult then planning the clothes I'm bringing...and I always bring TOO MUCH! I usually pack socks, a scarf and a lace project. And a few extra balls "just in case." I almost always buy MORE yarn on vacation too and plan ahead my itinerary to visit shops
3. Where have you travelled to that you'd consider your favorite spot? I've traveled to Alaska,
Scotland, Ireland and England and all over the east coast (as far west as St Louis). I've also been to Canada (Ontario and Yukon).
My favorite places are Glen Coe, Glen Etive and the Isle of Skye...All in Scotland
4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it?
I love Last Minute Knitted Gifts...probably because I've acutally made many of the projects in this book (not just one or two) and keep going back to this book over and over again. Yes, I own it. I also love Purl. I always work a visit into this store when I'm in New York City.
I also find myself "reading" Barbara Walker's stitch books over and over again. I own these (yes volumes 1-4) too.
5. Do you listen to podcasts? Which is your favorite(s)
I haven't been listening lately...but when I do, I listen to Cast On. I used to do a podcast...I'm knittyd of KnittyD and the City. Yes, our podcast is now defunct but it was fun while it lasted....