1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I am a self proclaimed yarn snob. Favorite yarns include: Koigu, Silk Garden, Socks that Rock, Zephyr, Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock and Helen's Lace, Cashmere anything
I think Angora is lovely, but as soon as it gets up my nose I'm done for...allergies! I also tend to gravitate more to wool. I'm getting into the "green" movement and am interested in using more organic fibers. I haven't knit with bamboo yet, but it is on my to do list.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have the knitpicks interchangeable knitting set with its storage binder. I also have Ashland Sky needle cases. I use my BELOVED label maker on everything.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit in 2001 and don't think many days have past since when I haven't done something related to knitting. I would consider myself an intermediate knitter.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Nope.
5. What's your favorite scent? Lavender and Fabric Softener
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Oh god yes. Reses's Peanut Butter Cups, Baby Ruth. More important is my coffee addiction though. I have my office hours for my students at Starbucks.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I am a scrapbooker (mostly I scrapbook my travels). I enjoy photography. I don't spin and don't really want to learn.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I will listen to anything. I feel as though I am single handedly supporting Itunes. I like to knit to mixes of music including jazz, classical, folk, hip hop and alternative. I really don't like death metal much, but my brother in law does and at times I've been known to watch Pantera videos with him.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
These days I'm gravitating towards turquoise, brown, lavender/lilacs, pinks and green. I am blessed with a decent colored complexion so I can wear almost anything EXCEPT for YELLOW. I am not a yellow person.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am happily single. My life is run by my two rescued beagles, Maggie and Gus. I could be adding another dog in the coming months. I have a very small family and we all have spread out.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love lace. It took me forever to figure it out, but once I finally did, I was done for. I'm proportioned in a strange way, so I don't really enjoy making sweaters or fitted garments. I also enjoy socks, cabled and entrelac patterns and making stuff for all my friends kids.
13. What are you knitting right now?
3 Shawls, all in Koigu. 2 Pairs of socks.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? sure!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum. I prefer circulars. I'm loving the addi lace needles but REALLY ADORE my knit picks set. I can't say enough good stuff about their needles.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? (I don't know how these questions got out of order). Yet to scarves, hats and mittens. Not so much on the poncho's.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? yes to both
17. How old is your oldest UFO? 6 years old; my first sweater. It's all knitted, just needs to be sewn up! How pathetic!
18. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween( Im going as Scooby Doo this year), my birthday and Christmas
19. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn, I've got a room full of stash.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? see question 1. I subscribe to Interweave. I don't read Knitters.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Fair Isle...I want to make the fingerless mitts in the Fall Interweave
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? yes, but for others, not for me
23. When is your birthday? 5/20
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Here's my latest update from Ravelry:
You signed up on June 29, 2007
You are #11590 on the list.
3503 people are ahead of you in line.
11736 people are behind you in line.
34% of the list has been invited so far
I'm not holding my breath that I'll be on anytime soon.