Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Take me out to the ballgame...

ITS THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN! Baseball is back! Go Phillies!

Me and Daddio at Opening Dad

The team lines up for pregame activites

Meyers delivers a strike


The Phanatic riles up the crowd

And yes, the Phils lost. But it was a GORGEOUS day...the best opening day I've ever been too HANDS DOWN. And there are still 161 games to go...lots more time to be disappointed, let down and crapped on by the Phillies.

People always ask how I could be both a Mets and a Phillies fan: here is the story. Mom was in labor during a Phils-Mets twi-night double header 35 years ago. It's no wonder I am pulled towards both teams. However, in a bar fight, I'm always putting my money on the Philles.

Tomorrow's game looks to get rained out, so there is one we CAN'T lose.

1 comment:

Sherry W said...

161 more games to lose, spoken like a true Philly sports fan!!

My husband is not a sports person and he's only good for a couple ballgames a year. If you ever looking for someone to go with, let me know.