Friday, April 13, 2007

Catharsis

Well, I remember a song, from the 80's in which the words went something like, "I'm all cried out, over you." I think crying for four +++ hours Monday was something I needed to do, because I have really felt so much better since then.

It's been a busy week. On Tuesday, I went to a book signing with Giada De Laurentiis. I LOVE HER. I love her show on the food network, "Everyday Italian." Her new book is "Everyday Pasta." Besides meeting her, and being a bit star struck (yes, her boobs are that big)...I can't wait to cook some yummy Italian food. I've made my grocery list...this weekend I'm making crab stuffed manicotti and penne with sausage, peppers and onions.

I met up with the ladies at Rosie's for knitting circle Wednesday night, followed by dinner to celebrate Allison's birthday at Dmitri's.

Last night, I laughed for an hour while watching "The Office" and "30 Rock."

It's really the perfect weekend for knitting and cooking. We are supposed to get a RIDONCULOUS amount of rain Sunday and Monday with the first (yes, FIRST) Nor'easter of the year. I'm planning on honkering down Sunday...making scones, coffee and pasta, doing laundry and knitting. Fun Fun Fun.

I totally messed up Maude tonight. I'm so damn pissed...but I dropped a ssk down like three or four rows. Said SSK is flanked by yarn overs on either side. I have NO CLUE how to fix it without frogging four rows (NOT GOING TO HAPPEN). So, I've packed it away and am going in for an intervention tomorrow...In the meantime, I picked up the Highland Triangle and the Hunter's Safety Stole again.

But, while organizing my patterns in my new binder (thanks secret pal!) I came across a pattern I've wanted to make FOREVER. It called "The Nap Shawl" from Wool You Order. I don't know HOW LONG AGO I bought this pattern...certainly before I had conquered lace. But I am desperate to make it. Perhaps it is because I LOVE LOVE LOVE to nap. Perhaps it is because it is based on a traditional Shetland shawl pattern. Who knows? So I've been looking at yarns...

I'm supposed to get 5/inch on a size 6 needle--though the pattern calls for a fingering weight yarn. I'm not getting 5/inch on any size six needle in any fingering weight yarn that will produce ANY kind of fabric that I like.

Anyway, here are the candidates I've come across so far:
1) Blue Sky Alpaca Sport Weight.
Pros: Colors
Cons: Yardage for cost.
2) Blue Sky Alpaca Silk.
Pros: Hands down a favorite yarn of mine
Cons: How many shawls in this yarn can/should I have (this would be 3)?
3) Brooks Farm Primero
Pros: Going to Sheep and Wool in 3 weeks and can touch and feel ALL I WANT, great yardage, lovely colors
Cons: Mohair, though according to their website it is "Silk like."

Any other suggestions?

Craptastic its after 11 and I've got to teach at 9am.
I totally screwed though because one of my fav episodes of Seinfeld is on...

Nighty night

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Christina, you brave little tiger now!

Oh and by the way, quite green with envy over the koigu purchases, love love love the raspberry.

Roger