Wednesday, June 21, 2006

My knitting TO DO list--part 1

I had a sad realization tonight...I have a lot of knitting that I want/need/plan to do.
What does the typical, overly organized girl do when feeling overwhelmed by tasks?
She makes a list:

List 1---Currently on the needles and being worked on actively
1. Child's Placket Neck Pullover in Kersti-95% done, baby due in September
2. North Sea Shawl-40% done-generally pretty boring at this point but almost done with the 14 pattern repeat that begins the shawl, then I knit the middle section, which is two different patterns, then I knit another end and graft the whole thing together. If this was the ONLY thing I was working on, I could finish it in about 2 weeks.
3. Clapotis-50% done-so boring I can't bring myself to work on it, BUT on the other hand, I am thinking I am going to force myself to just finish the darn thing
4. Black Silk Stole-1% done and getting scrapped. I tried my outfit on for Annie's wedding tonight and I really don't need a knitted lace stole. Also, realistically, I won't finish it...so the Debbie Bliss Pure Silk is getting returned (for store credit) to Loop
5. Baby Sweater for Justin 30%-taking FOREVER. I'm trying to decide if I really want to finish it or if I want to scrap it, and make another placket neck pullover (since it only took a couple of weeks and I've mastered the pattern). I'm knitting the current version in Rowan Cotton Glace that I scored out of the sale bin, but I'm finding it tedious (didn't want to use the word boring again) and I really do enjoy knitting with the Kersti. PS I also have several skeins of Kersti in the stash that I could use for Justin's sweater.
6. Grandma's Lorna's Laces Socks--45% done. Severe case of second sock syndrome and I haven't even finished the first sock. This does not bode well. I wax and wane with socks, right now I'm waning big time. They are perfect for conference knitting---so I need to go to a conference, soon, if they are going to get done.


List 2--Stuff I want to make and have the yarn for...the subject of my next blog
I am going to go surround myself in bed wth my summer of lace notebook and other patterns to do some planning...and I promise I will TRY to be realistic. But, you know what they say, "so much yarn, so little time."

Maybe I should just keep pressing my EASY button...

No comments: