Friday, July 08, 2005

I am a bad blogger

I admit it...I took a blogging break. But now I am back and ready to face the middle of summer with new inspiration. My weekend on Cape turned out to be stressful (you know why mom) but relaxing enough with the highlights being watching Little Petey on the tennis court and taking many many photos of my ultra-photogenic doggies, which I've included for the review of my blogging audience.

What else is new???? Finished the modular scarf which I will have to photograph and post on the blog. I'm starting a koigu feather and fan scarf inspired by my pal Jim at Rosie's Yarn Cellar. I also picked up some cotton braid (rowan) for a summer poncho. I started to knit it on my big, fat, size 17 needles and took a little break to go to the ladies room, only to hear "crunch, crunch, crunch" coming from the lounge. Sure enough, there was Maggers, chowing down on my needles and the yarn! Needless to say, I've got lots of rawhide on board for the restart of the poncho project to keep Maggie occupied while I get busy on it! I want to finish it soon (and should on size 17's) so that I can get some wear out of it this summer.

It monsooned here today; thanks to the remnants of tropical storm Cindy. I was like a wet rat by the time I got in this morning. Nasty, wet and stinky.

I was sad about the bombings in London and can't believe I was there...in one of those tube stations, just one month ago. I can't say I was surprised that something happenend given all the hype leading up to the G8 summit; but still it was really just terrifying.

My four word movie review of "Dirty, Pretty Things"; very interesting, clever, thought-provoking.

Oh I'm off to get a facial.

No comments: