Sunday, July 24, 2005

60 Minutes Syndrome

Sadly, the end of the weekend is upon me and I'm suffering from a severe case of "60 Minutes Syndrome." You know, the way you feel when "60 mins" comes on at 7pm and Sunday and there is this unbelievable realization that they weekend is over. You take stock of all you have and more importantly have not accomplished over the weekend and start to freak out. Coupled with the knowledge that it is going to be in the mid 90's for much of the week and you know you won't get a damn thing done after work all week.

So, that being said, here we are on another Sunday evening. The pups are sleeping soundly as we just had a nice long walk over to see Aunt Header. I have mastered walking three of them at a time (I think) and aside from the mosquito bites, it was quite enjoyable. Header and I also picked more blueberries and I made amazing scones.

How about my fightin Phils? A sweep of the weekend series of the NL Worst leading San Diego Padres. I went to the game yesterday with the Wynne's, which was a rockin' good time with my buddies Alex and Sammy.

I also finished Harry Potter. It was great. I can't believe I have to wait two years for the next (and last) book to come out. 6 months prior I'll plan to start reading them again. Until then, I'll have to rely on other sources of entertainment.

5 days until Cape Cod and the beach!! Giddyup!

Im hoping to finish the knitting of the poncho by then--I don't understand the finishing directions at all, but oh well, I'll figure it out.

Knitty D

No comments: