Friday, February 15, 2008

The birthday beagle


Sure, yesterday was Valentine's Day for everyone else, but in our house, it is Gussy's birthday.

Happy 6th Birthday Gussy!


Gus came to live with me four years ago! I can't believe it! Where has the time gone? Gus continues to amaze me with his love, compassion, sweetness and silliness. Perhaps this is best illustrated in his "work" visiting kids and their families at Ronald McDonald House. He truly shines when he is there, and I could not be more proud.

Gus has a special affinity for stuffed dog toys that talk...they can't squeak...he is over that. They have to make animal-esque noises or actual human sounds. So, El and I went to PetSmart last night and picked out a very special talking stuffed elephant for Gus. It made this horrible shrieking squealing extravaganza of a noise. Gus loved it so much. I say loved, because he completely gutted it, along with the pink stuffed pig I bought for little Finney. Here is the carnage:





As you can see, there is very little left of said pig and said elephant. All in all, I think Gus had a great birthday. I guess it has just been a great week for beagle-dom in general...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gus, you sure showed that pig and elephant who's boss!

We didn't see any pigs or elephants winning at Westminster, now did we? No, we didn't!

Happy Birthday, Gus!

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday, Gus!

Oh, and Pamela's rocked. I think I am still full! TDF

Lain said...

Cute baby!
Hey, I just discovered your podcast... are you guys going to pick up the mike again? Love it!
xoxox
Lain

Donna said...

Happy B-Day Gus! Our babies were born exactly a month apart. My baby Lab was born March 14 - 6 years ago.

He creates the same stuffed mess with his toys too. We can actually get them to last about a month or so now. But when he gets excited they get destroyed.

I now only buy the cheap stuffed dog toys from your favorite store - The Christmas Tree Shop....