Monday, October 15, 2007

A Busy Weekend


On top of having ANOTHER sinus extravaganza, I had a busy weekend planned.

Friday, E and I went down to Baltimore for Stitches. I was restrained, but still managed to purchase some great stuff. I followed my number one rule of yarn festival purchasing: "I am only allowed to buy stuff I can't get at my LYS." I also followed rule number 2: "No livestock allowed in the car on the way home." Are you paying attention mom? These are important rules to adhere to this weekend when we go to Rhinebeck.


So here's my Stitches Swag:






Malabrigo Lace Weight; reminds me a bit of Morehouse Lace.
It was about $9.00 for 450+yards

Habu Bamboo in the color I've named "Metallic Eggplant."




Blue Moon Fiber Arts "Laci"

I forget the colorway but it is yummy isn't it?

It was $48 for 1700 +++ yards. It is going to be Kimono Shawl



Wasn't I restrained???? Well, Rhinebeck is in five days!

Saturday was Fall Knitorama. Sorry you were sick Robin and missed your farewell cake, but we ate it in your honor anyway! It was yummy!

Maggie poses with my finished "Variations on Sarah Blanch" Shawl


Allison models here nearly finished sassy Noro vest


Michelle is ready to shape her toes!


Lori is working on a great baby blanket from "Mac and Me" in Blue Sky Organic Cotton


Maggie snuggles with Aunt Money as she finishes a hat for "Afghans for Afghans."


Sunday I was treated to the Sixers pre-season basketball game with Jennifer, Alex and Timmy.


It was not pretty...



Tbone can touch his tongue to his nose

Alex has his first taste of Crab Fries

The boys had a "blue" evening; starting with blue water ice...

...popcorn up the nose

...and blue cotton candy

THE DAYS ARE JUST PACKED





No comments: