Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Finish Line

...thanks to all for helping me destash. I did really well with the auctions and will be sure to share the fruits of my labor and your spending after I buy new/more yarn at Rhinebeck.

I have been finishing some projects recently; including the first of the twin hats for my neighbor's twins, two socks (although they don't match) and a bulky blue sky scarf with two skeins that actually didn't sell on ebay








Here are the two finished socks and Maggie posing with them...one is the Peak Experience sock in Socks that Rock; colorway "Scottish Highlands." These are for Mom whose birthday is next week...no they aren't going to be done for the birthday, but I'm sure they will be by the time mom visits in November. The second is a simple sock in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock. This was going to be for Grandma, but then I put them on my foot and realized that with gram's skinny little legs and narrow feet these were not going to do...so they are MINE! Will knit another pair for Gram. Mom tells me she wears the others I have knit her all the time :-)


This is the first of the "twin hats." The second is already on the needles, so as to avoid "second hat syndrome." It's Koigu; knit on size 3's. I got this colorway YEAR ago at Stitches and never saw it again. It is so not traditional baby, but screamed fall to me...I think the boys will look SMASHING!

And I did knit a two skein blue sky alpaca bulky scarf, but blogger is not cooperating with the uploading of the photo...so you will just have to use your imagination.

Last night at knitting circle, I scored my lace weight, Black Bunny Fibers yarn that Carol dyed for me in "Conch." However, in her unbelievable cuteness, she called the color, "Knitty D's conch" on my labels. I was touched Carol!

I also bought another skein in "jaguar," which is so gorgeous and must be knit for fall...I can't wait!

Finally I scored the yarn for my sister's xmas gift. Allie made it a bit easier on me this year, REQUESTING I knit her the "Purl Scarf" from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I've made this scarf and LOVE IT...so I was happy to oblige Allison. I just hope she likes the colors that we (Wendy, Beverly, Courtney, Marilyn and I) picked out after breaking the dowel with the Kidsilk Haze (sorry Court!) Trust me Allie, it is going to be HOT and the subject of a future installment of "Abominable Knitting" on the P-Cast.

Has everyone seen our new website??? Wendy has been working hard to develop our page (thanks to Ronnen too for his help) check it out at

Knitty D and The City dot com!

Peace, Love and Yarn

Knitty D

1 comment:

Dropstitchknitter said...

Love the socks and hat! Hi Maggie!