Friday, June 06, 2008

HEAT WAVE!

It's official...Philly is headed for our first heat wave of the summer starting tomorrow. I've already made plans to spend the day in Carolyn's pool. Sunday will be spent at Spool (for my second beginning sewing class) and then in the air conditioning in my hobby space.

I've become a little obsessed with sewing, though officially I don't really get it. Some of the terms in the patterns are completely incomprehensible. And the dexterity required for certain things is beyond the managability of my fat fingers...but I press on. Press...get it.

Anyway, this morning I was watching "Mike and Mike in the Morning" on ESPN2. Now I have a big crush on Mike Greenberg...and this morning, is was solidified when he said this about my Phillies, "that team has a lot of heart...they are fun to watch." Thanks Mike. I love you. The Phillies get VERY little press on ESPN (its all Yankees, Red Sox and recently the Cubs), so I am touched.

Susan and I went to the "businessperson's special" yesterday and saw Cole Hamels pitch a gem of a three hitter and Ken Griffey Jr miss his 600th home run by about 2 feet. There were crab fries, Bull's BBQ and ice cream...it was awesome to play hookie.

Going to see "Sex and the City" later with El...then watch the Phillies take on the Braves while I sit in front of the air conditioner.

Stay cool!

No comments: