- Stuff for Heather--cannot go anything further into this but there is a ____ and a ____ and some_____ that need to get done before the shower (May 17th) . Let's not forget the wardrobe of soakers she has requested.
- Something for Carolyn's baby. Now, does it count as not finished if I haven't started it yet? I'm going to do Baby Surprise (my first) and likely we will make a _____ for her too.
- Modern Quilt Wrap- I remember seeing this gem in Folk Style and searching high and low for the yarn because I "HAD TO HAVE IT." I got through maybe 6 blocks. Again...I won't be needing a mohair monstrosity anytime soon...I'm planning on picking it up when I go on vacation in August.
- Entrelac Extravaganza-One of my LOVELY beagles ate my beloved Noro entrelac scarf...but not to worry...I love entrelac and was more than willing to make another. I decided to go with a wider version---not quite a scarf but also not quite a stole. I pick it up every few weeks and do a few entrelac block rows because ENTRELAC IS LIKE CRACK. It will be gorgeous when I get it done...in September (another vacation project).
- The hex afghan. Trish and I came clean this weekend that we HATE IT and HATE the Yarn-- so ABANDON SHIP...
- Kimono Shawl...loving it except that it is BORING! I've done three repeats and have reached a point where I need to FOCUS on it and just knit it for a few weeks and get it done...But then all this baby crap gets in the way...but I really want to be knitting lace
There it is. I really want to be knitting lace. Mostly because it is interesting and challenging and lovely. I've got a huge collection of amazing lace yarn and I was an amazing collection of equally amazing shawls, stoles and scarves all in lace. So, how do I justify answering to the needs of my inspiration gods and the gods of multiple baby gifts- and, actually finish something that makes me feel like I can--be satisfied?