Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Day off in the middle of the week

Every Christmas Eve, we Bach's cozy up in front of the TV and watch a classic, favorite movie of ours, "Holiday Inn."

It's about an entertainer (Bing Crosby) who decides to open an Inn in Connecticut only on the Holidays, complete with holiday themed entertainment. The most amazing scene is on the Fourth of July, where Fred Astaire does an amazing solo dance using firecrackers as props. Well, guess what I found on YouTube today...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlgAj_29Z7U

It's awesome.

I'm going to be lazy some more...but I need to get the camera out for a knitting photo shoot...this will follow soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's funny - that's the same movie we always watch, too, but no one seems to have heard of it! My mom was so excited when it came out on DVD a few years back.

Just wanted to make sure you got your reveal package - I sent it out last Tuesday (the 26th) so it should have gotten to you by Friday...

-SP

Anonymous said...

I love that movie. Bing Crosby, a big barn of a place, veterans of WWII, Dean Jagger as the "Old Man" - lets put on a show! Great film. Great music from a Jewish guy!!!