Monday, February 12, 2007

Secret Pal 10

So, I've never done this Secret Pal thing, but I remember L-O-V-I-N-G Secret Santa as a kid, and even that seems to have been politically corrected to death (ie "Secret Snowflake)...so I figured I'd give Secret Pal a try...

I think I'll be an awesome Secret Pal too...what with Maryland Sheep and Wool and a trip to the motherland of knitting-IRELAND- coming up.

So here is my take on the Secret Pal Questionaire
The Questionnaire
Here are is the questionnaire for SP10. Please be sure to post it in a spot on your blog where your pal can easily find it. Since your pal will use this to help create your packages you'll want to have it posted to your blog no later than the last day of February.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I LOVE Koigu, Anne, anything Noro and Socks that Rock.
I HATE ANGORA and cannot knit with it due to allergies.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a knitpicks options kit and Ashland Sky needle sacks

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I'm a 9/11 product knitter. After that day, I felt like I needed to create, and I decided knitting was the way to go...so I picked up the needles and asked mom to teach me. It was not good. Soon after, I enrolled in knitting classes at Rosie's Yarn Cellar (then Sophie's Yarns here in Philly) and the rest is history. Haven't put the needles down since. I would consider myself an intermediate to advanced knitter...but even I need to consult the knitting yoda every now and then.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No

5. What's your favorite scent?
Lavendar

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Weight Watchers Candies! Resses Peanut Butter Cups

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Scrapbooking, making stitch markers, and I'm taking a drop spindle class later this month. Oh and I dabble in podcasting

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I am addicted to my IPOD and listen to pretty much everything except for "death medal." I love the Beatles, Coldplay, Springsteen, U2, Black Eyed Peas, Rachmaninoff, Brahms, The Who and Snow Patrol. I also tend to love the music on "Grey's Anatomy."

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Purples, Pinks, Reds, Aquas...Yellows and browns really don't do much for me

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Single (! and loving it!), 3 fur-kids who are the loves of my life; all rescued beagles.


11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes...though ponchos are so 2005...

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
right now, Lace and Socks

13. What are you knitting right now?
Lace and Socks---Many Lace projects and pairs of socks on the needles...

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes...

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Depends on the project and the yarn...but almost ALWAYS circulars and never plastic

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes, both

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
My first sweater from 2002

18. What is your favorite holiday?
My birthday and Halloween

19. Is there anything that you collect?
yarn, knitting books, Seinfeld DVD's


20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I'm currently not subscribing to ANY knitting magazines---still getting over a long subscription to Knitters (NEVER AGAIN). I love Interweave and always buy it

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
More lace knitting tips and tricks...spinning

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes yes yes...I wear a 8 1/2 shoe and my legs/feet are kinda wide

23. When is your birthday?
May 20th!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Thanks for a great idea. I've just joined up too.