Sunday, September 23, 2007

Secret Pal and Quilt Wrap...

I have been laid up with yet another sinus infection...so when I can manage to hold my head up unsupported, I've been working on the "modern quilt wrap" and digging out from PILES and PILES of laundry. My goal with the laundry is to have NOTHING on the laundry room floor when my mother arrives on Friday. I've got about 4 loads to go...


But the quilt wrap, that is another story...I'm through 12 blocks and the colors look pretty amazing...but I'm still struggling with things "lining up" just perfectly.

Here is the first row of blocks completed:




And here is the first 12 blocks or 2 rows of blocks


Vertically, the rows aren't "perfect," but looking at it on blogger, I do think it is quite breathtaking...I'll press on... does anyone think this thing is going to be HUGE if knitted as written...I may scale back a bit...

ALSO...many thanks to my secret pal! I received your package on Friday: I was lucky to have picked that day to work from home so I was here when the postman rang the bell and I got to DIVE RIGHT IN to the goodness




My secret pal decided to send me everything I needed for a lace project over the course of the three packages. In this package, she sent my (yum) addi lace needles. She also crocheted me a lovely bookmark (note to self, time to start book club reading) and also inlcuded a great knitted dishcloth which I have already used, some yummy lavender shower gel, a new tape measure (how did you know I needed a new tape measure?), some note paper and some treats for the furbabies...

...to which Gus says, "THANKS! "

1 comment:

Elysbeth said...

Aren't tape measures one of Those Things? You know, they are sucked up by the universe so the dryer socks can be measured. Besides, they stretch out and should be replaced.

Nice quilt wrap start.