Monday, January 15, 2007

Yarn Slut

It was a SLUTTY weekend for knitty d...I visited both Rosie's and Loop and did damage at both.

At Rosie's I purchased Rowan Felted Tweed for Highland Triangle from Folk Shawls.
I also replaced the Maggie eaten mohair for Allison's Purl Scarf...yes Ali, I'm working on it again-I think it will be good conference knitting!

At Loop, I found some ArtYarns Silk Rapsody in a SWEET green color...IN THE SALE BIN for 40% off. I had to give it a good home. Contemplating lacy scarf patterns for this.

Also became TOTALLY obssessed with Blue Sky diag. shawl pattern ( can't remember actual name and writing blog from bed where I'm tucked in with two beagles) which is knit in alpaca silk (a favorite of knitty d)...how could I resist. Also started this project tonight and it will also be great conference knitting. Choose a gorgeous purple/mauve color that screams me.

So, I embrace Wendy's mantra regarding the non yarn diet...I'm already on weight watchers and one diet is enough for me.

It's officially Martin Luther King Jr Day. I don't get the day off...though it seems everyone else does. So, if you are off, do some good---get out and participate in a day of service program or maybe just shovel your neighbor's walk, or do some charity knitting...it's all in the spirit of a man who has inspired me for years, even though he was gone long before I was born. I'll continue my career of service...

Oh by the way, has anyone else seen Jeff Garcia's "fiance?" Seriously, isn't this guy gay? Not that there is anything WRONG with that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooooh... yarn sluttage. I'm not so much on a fiber diet as I just need to get some of the stuff I have knitted (or moved out!) to make room for more!

Guess where I'm going in 2 weeks? The Cape! We're going for a wedding in Sandwich, but I've already done research on visiting the Joy House, and the Lobster Pot Lady, and all other goodness that might bring me just one degree of separation from you. ;) I'm not sure what all I will be able to fit in, but I'm definitely going to try!

Anonymous said...

My new puppy (shepard beagle) Ally decided to use my Icarus in progress as a chew toy. My ball of Zephyr is now one big knot. I thought of you when I saw the carnage. Maybe Ally and Molly are distant relatives?

Elysbeth said...

You have a warm and generous heart giving that poor green yarn a home. I hope that it is appropriately grateful and behaves in the pattern.