Sunday, July 30, 2006

Getting my knit on...

I've dubbed August "I must finish this," month...anyone care to join me? Seriously, I've got to beging working on XMAS projects in ernst in September...not to mention my Fir Cone Shawl in Anne that I can't WAIT to start. So I've decided I've just got to finish the following projects
1. North Sea Shawl...I'm about 12 repeats from finishing it...one repeat a night and I'm done in two weeks...
2. Mom's socks that rock in "Scottish Highland." I am officially a socks that rock convert...note to self, call The Fold tomorrow to order "emerald city." I'm knitting these socks in the peak experience pattern from fiber trends. The yarn is pooling very interestingly...having been to the Scottish Highlands though, I think this sock captures what they really look like, with lochs, greenery, heather and bluebells dotting the landscape. Here is Gus modeling:



3. Clapotis-Again I'm so close I can taste it...just about 6 pattern repeats from finishing. I do love it...and am considering making one in silken straw for Allison...



Gus was really enjoying me draping him in my knitting when it is 90+ degrees out...

4. Seafoam Stole in "Whale of a Skein" from Lobster Pot Yarns. So, for those who listen to the Podcast, you know that Susan GAVE me a skein of her new yarn, "Whale of a skein" which is like a million yards...she asked me to come up with a beginners pattern for a scarf/stole/shawl. So I've decided to use Barbara Walker's Seafoam Pattern and turn it into a stole. I'm enjoying the yarn so much! It has a lovely hand...no splits, gorgeous and subtle color gradations. I hope Susan likes it! Wendy...my mom is setting up a lunch with Susan when we are on the Cape! Maybe we can score MORE free yarn! Gus wanted to model with this as well...but blogger continues to give me issues with uploading photos...so I think I'll add more in another post...

1 comment:

Larjmarj said...

Great colors on the Clapotis! nicely done. What a lovely model too.