Sunday, May 29, 2005

Thank you god for scopalamine patches

I'm telling you, if I didn't have this thing behind my ear that is helping with motion sickness, I would have spend much of the last two days barfing. We are now into the Atlantic Ocean about 300 nautical miles from our next port, South Queensferry (edinburgh). Mom and I can't wait to get off this F***** boat. Don't get us wrong, we've had lots of fun and tried new things like wine tasting and bingo. But I need to put my feet on the ground and WALK A STRAIGHT LINE. This is not possible on this boat. Everyone walks through the corridors and hallways like a bunch of drunkards! But on the other side, I have finished several knitting projects including the feather and fan scarf and a cute little baby hat made out of "candy" by Artful yarns (pattern is on ballband! How clever!) and am almost done with another sock! The other upside is that we have saved a crap load of money by not docking, between the shore excursions and the non existent shopping. We have two guys who take care of us in the dining room, Jose, who we ask for as out waiter as often as we can. He's this cutie from the Phillipines who loves that mom's name is "barbara bach" (like Ringo Stars wife). And then there is Lester, my Jaimacan donut man. They keep us entertained. We are done with bingo.
Tonight we watch Meet the Fokkers and plan for tomorrow's sightseeing in Edinburgh.
Knitty D

No comments: