Saturday, October 29, 2005
Even more amazing is that it is 1043 PM and I am doing laundry.
I also installed a digital thermostat BY MYSELF! No man required.
And finally in the home improvement department this weekend, a new shower head.
Life is good.
The sweater MAY be revisable...though I honestly don't think I can take it right now. I'm going to focus on the Xmas gifts at this point and when I'm ready to move on, I will.
I saw "A History of Violence" tonight. I give it three stars...if only because I got to see Viggo's ass. It is ultra violent, with a bizarre mix of humor. I'd recommend it.
Tomorrow the firewood gets dumped on the sidewalk, so I should rest up...since I've got to carry in and stack the logs.
Thursday, October 27, 2005
(1) I cannot wear drop shoulder sweaters. Even though I may be a "bigger"girl, my shoulders are strangely narrow. Any extra bulk in this area = linebacker status. Must now only look for sweaters with shaped cap, set in sleeves.
(2) I am not as big as I think I am. (I guess this should make me feel good)
(3) It's time to take my measurements again so as to avoid disaster with the $180 worth of Noro Transitions I just scored off of ebay. I will also work deligently with my knitware design books and other sweaters that have fit (both knitted and bought from the store) to design my own line of Christina friendly sweaters.
(4) Knitting f**k-ups give me chest pain
(5) Alcohol helps
(6) Does anyone want to help me rip out the silk garden?
Tuesday, October 25, 2005
Monday, October 24, 2005
When the 2 "men" arrived with the dryer, it didn't look like it was going to fit. Not down the basement stairs; not down the storm doors through the backyard. I said a little prayer to "God," whomever that may be---"please, let the dryer fit...I can't have this nasty thing anymore!" My prayers were answered...the dryer is installed and lovely! Perhaps the coolest thing, there is a light INSIDE of the dryer! Inside!!!! That may be even cooler than the touch pads.
I have a load of towels in the washer now---so that will inaugurate that new dryer.
I also had an incredible trip to Target with my pal Ms Kelsey. Ms Kelsey was also introduced to Chick-Fil-A and I think we have a believer!
We picked out another amazing dog toy, this time a mallard that quacks. I tried to post some photos with several attempts, but again, Blogger is pissed at me. Maybe tomorrow.
I'm off to rotate some laundry
Sunday, October 23, 2005
Here is the "cool Noro" scarf; a combo of Iro and Korchoron, held together and knit in Moss Stitch. Aside from being VERY warm, I'm enjoying the color migrations. There is some red in the IRO and it may be coming out...but all in all, it is going well.
Here is grandma's sock in progress. I have successfully turned the heel and am working feverishly on the foot. Sadly, the photo doesn't do justice to the little lace pattern. It was BY FAR, the best heel gusset I've ever done.
Maggie decides to take the Anne into her own hands. Don't worry, I saved it!
Saturday, October 22, 2005
I spent the day at King o' Prussia with EMoney and Klu.
The big thing was I BOUGHT A NEW MATTRESS AND BOX SPRING SET (ie BED)
It's a Simmons with a Pillow Top and it is wicked comfortable. It gets delivered in 3 weeks.
We also hit Crate and Barrel (stemless wine glasses; no more knocking over), the Apple Store (Ipod accessories), countless shoe stores looking for the "perfect" brown shoes for Heather (no success), Macy's for Julie's wedding gift from E and Kevin, Urban Outfitters where I bought colassal Christmas cards that are only appropriate for some (let's just say my PEO sisters wouldn't like them much) and I also purchased Super T's Birthday gifts. I'll post photos of her with those tomorrow.
I also realized I haven't posted any knitting pictures in a damned eternity. Here's the update (photos manana): I am more than midway through sock number one for Grandma for Xmas. It's the Lorna's Laces I got at Stitches. It is now officially my favorite sock yarn. I'm also working on two amazing Noro scarves...one for me and one for??????? for xmas. So the holiday knitting has started fast and furious. I also couldn't resist this skein of Anne I found at Rosies the other day...I'll also post photos of that and it's plan. I'm off to bed with the bagels.
Wednesday, October 19, 2005
We had such a fun visit. Best of all was looking at the websites of all the dreamy, rustic lodges we are going to stay in while in Montana.
THE DRYER IS COMING ON MONDAY! So everybody get ready to dry some clothes at my house! Giddyup!
I didnt take any photos at knitarama the other day, but before everyone came over, I did snap this one of Gussy sitting by the fire. This was just after I found the carcass of the dead bird in the fireplace. Needless to say, said bird has since been cremated. May it rest in peace.
Here, Molly is the first and only of my beagles to venture into the Poang Chairs. Doesn't she look adorable. She is doing great on her meds!
And this is the Knitting Nook...everyone is always welcome!
Monday, October 17, 2005
I purchased a new washer and dryer.
Here's a photo of their gorgeousness
Actually this is only the dryer; the photo of the washer didn't want to cooperate. Needless to say, they are gorgeous. Energy saving with touch pads (no knobs!). We will be having a washer/dryer christening in a few weeks after the are delivered.
Isn't it PRETTY! Cool thing is, the dogs won't go near them because they rock a bit.
Friday, October 14, 2005
1) The stove. Cost of repair $137.99. Apparently something leaked into the keypad area. I don't really know what I spilled, but according to the repair man, "it was an obvious spill."
2) The Coffee Pot; but I fixed it over the phone, so this doesn't count
3) The water cooler became unplugged and Cesi didn't mow the lawn.
4) I have been accused of leaving the fridge door open, causing the temperature to rise to a balmy 48 degrees
5) I was unable to "close the deal" with a sale, costing my parents about $350
6) Luther became born free JUST ONCE
7) Harry developed a skin allergy and hot spot; cost of vet appointment $100
8) The Eagles were embarassed by the Cowboys; cost me money to Bob Wynne in bet and a great deal of pride. Come on Birds.
9) Dad had to take our beer bottles to the dump. Drunken sots.
10) Julianna pooped her pants in the car.
Joy House Vacations: Priceless
All in all, not so bad. Thanks for some good times.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
It was a great time away on Cape though. Days were full of knitting, reading, eating, and sleeping...not to mention photographing the children of the corn. Here are some more vacation photos
Yes, it is all six Bach beagles in one place
in the back row; Harry, Murphy and Gus
in the front row; Luther, Maggie and Molly
Jen and Alex explore Cape Cod Bay as the Sun sets
Sammy looks for treasure
Alex and Jen
The Boots get a well needed break
Alex, Auntie Bach and Julianna
All in all, it was a lot of good times.
Tomorrow back to the grind---Saturday, Babs comes to visit and we go buy a new washer and dryer. Sunday is Knit-a-Rama.
On a knitting note, I'm nearly done with the Silk Garden sweater and it is gorgeous.
Tuesday, October 04, 2005
I am camping out away from the Joyhouse this afternoon, sipping a latte and smelling the good smells of Borders---ever notice how book stores smell????
Here, as promised, are some photos of the whale watch:
Mom and Calf Humpbacks
There she blows!!
Mom humpback doing a full breach
baby humpback breaching in the distance
The whale watch was soooooo great! I don't think these pics can do it justice. I hadn't been on one in some time, so I'm glad this one was so successful.
My other adventure has been with Luther. I took the two twins (Luther and Maggie) to the doggie park this am. That is the last time I will do that. After about 15 mins Luther escaped. I gave chase through some thick brush (a machete would have helped) and am all cut up to prove it. After about 15 mins, and with Maggie's help (she is the heroine today!) we reclaimed Luther was his romp in the woods and I carried him 1/2 mile back to the car. I really love that dog. I also did not want to have to explain to my parents that I had lost him. Thanks to the higher power for that one. Okay, time to shop at Borders and then head home.
Monday, October 03, 2005
But first a few updates:
1) Dear Phillies; good effort. I never thought you would be in it until the last game of the season.
Can't wait until next season
2) Molly's diagnosis is confirmed...she has Cushings. We start meds when wer return
3) Cape Cod in October is the bomb.
4) I REALLY must love beagles, as I slept with 4 of them in the bed with me last night (Gus, Maggie, Harry and Luther)
5) I am so glad Luther is a Bach beagle
6) I'm knitting like a fiend. Vacation rules